Free non-therapeutic, professionally facilitated support groups for both adults and teens suffering from depression, anxiety, bipolar, and suicide loss.
What is Teen Support?
Teen Support is a free education and support group for teens ages 14-18 who are struggling with anxiety and depression. The group allows teens to share and process their emotions. Each session will focus on a unique topic.
What does Teen Support do?
Teen Support works as a group support system to:
- Increase knowledge to recognize warning signs and risk factors of depression in yourself and others.
- Improve help-seeking behaviors and skills offering or seeking appropriate help before problems become critical.
- Provide resources and support for teens facing mental health challenges.
Each session has a unique topic:
- Session 1: Introduction and overview of depression and anxiety.
- Session 2: Approaches to positive thinking.
- Session 3: Stress reduction and relaxation strategies.
- Session 4: Skill building for rational decision making.
- Session 5: Working toward a healthy environment.
- Session 6: Building a strong support system.
- Session 7: Your wellness toolbox.
- Session 8: Family involvement in Teen Support (parents encouraged to attend).
When does Teen Support happen?
Teen Support Group currently meets on Monday evenings from 6:30 – 8 pm for a period of 8 weeks. Please refer to the Teen Support Brochure found above for the next group session.
How can I sign up for Teen Support?
To register, complete the registration and fax or return it to our office:
Mental Health America of Fredericksburg
2217 Princess Anne Street, Suite 104-1
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Fax: (540) 372-3709
Mental Wellness Support Group
What is Mental Wellness Support?
Mental Wellness Support is a free, non-therapeutic support group held every Tuesday evening for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, and bipolar.
When does Mental Wellness Support happen?
Mental Wellness Support is held every 1st and 3rd Tuesday evenings from 7 pm to 8:45 pm at Snowden at Fredericksburg, across from the Mary Washington Hospital.
Snowden at Fredericksburg
1200 Sam Perry Blvd
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Survivors of Suicide Loss Support Group
What is Survivors of Suicide Loss?
Survivors of Suicide Loss is a free, non-therapeutic support group for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
When does Survivors of Suicide Loss happen?
Survivors of Suicide Loss is held every 3rd Monday evening from 6 pm to 7:30 pm at Harbor House, across from James Monroe High School (south parking lot).
2103 Washington Avenue