Free non-therapeutic, professionally facilitated support groups for both adults and teens suffering from depression, anxiety, bipolar, and suicide loss:
Teen Support Group
What is Teen Support?
What does Teen Support do?
- Increase knowledge to recognize warning signs and risk factors of depression in yourself and others.
- Improve help-seeking behaviors and skills offering or seeking appropriate help before problems become critical.
- Provide resources and support for teens facing mental health challenges.
Each session has a unique topic:
- Session 1: Introduction and overview of depression and anxiety.
- Session 2: Approaches to positive thinking.
- Session 3: Stress reduction and relaxation strategies.
- Session 4: Skill building for rational decision making.
- Session 5: Working toward a healthy environment.
- Session 6: Building a strong support system.
- Session 7: Your wellness toolbox.
- Session 8: Family involvement in Teen Support (parents encouraged to attend).
When does Teen Support happen?
Teen Support is currently undergoing sessions, from April 29 – June 24. To be informed of the next term of sessions, please send an email to Mental Health America of Fredericksburg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Wellness Support Group
What is Mental Wellness Support?
Mental Wellness Support is a free, non-therapeutic support group held every Tuesday evening for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, and bipolar.
When does Mental Wellness Support happen?
Mental Wellness Support is held every Tuesday evening from 7 pm to 8:45 pm at Snowden at Fredericksburg, across from the Mary Washington Hospital.
Snowden at Fredericksburg
1200 Sam Perry Blvd
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Survivors of Suicide Support Group
What is Survivors of Suicide?
When does Survivors of Suicide happen?
Survivors of Suicide is held every Tuesday evening from 7 pm to 8:30 pm at Horbor House, across from James Monroe High School (south parking lot).
2103 Washington Avenue